Public key and public projects

Mar 7, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Probably it is a bit difficult to use signed packages when working on github or sourceforge. You cannot add the private key file to the repository, and you cannot use different keys on different build machines either. Is there a way to use signed files anyway?

Coordinator
Mar 7, 2011 at 7:17 PM
Hi,
what do you mean? Without a private key? Not realy, you need one to signe the file on your buildmachine or manually after build.
Regards
Dirk

2011/3/7 Slesa <notifications@codeplex.com>

Probably it is a bit difficult to use signed packages when working on github or sourceforge. You cannot add the private key file to the repository, and you cannot use different keys on different build machines either. Is there a way to use signed files anyway?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I mean that I cannot add the private key to the source code management system when this SCM is public - as it is on github and sf.net :-)

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM
Hi,
yes that's right. You have to bring this stuff together on your non public buildmachine :-(
Dirk

2011/3/8 Slesa <notifications@codeplex.com>

I mean that I cannot add the private key to the source code management system when this SCM is public - as it is on github and sf.net :-)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com