Updating windows services?

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:51 AM

It would be really neat if we could use NetSparkle to update a windows service (see SO question) - I imagine the workflow would go something like:

1. User installs windows service MyAppService

2. User installs NetSparkle enabled helper application MyAppServiceHelper.exe, and sets it to launch on windows startup

3. Update is issued to MyAppService, MyAppServiceHelper pops up upgrade window, service is stopped, updated and restarted

Do you think something like this might ever be added to NetSparkle?

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:37 AM

What would be even more kinds of awesome would be if the Helper used WCF Discovery to find instances of updateable Windows services and application on the local network.

I might have a go at this myself!

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Hi,
currently I'm a little bit bussy with my job. so feel free to add some more information to this MIT License driven project.
Dirk

2011/2/8 mcintyre321 <notifications@codeplex.com>

What would be even more kinds of awesome would be if the Helper used WCF Discovery to find instances of updateable Windows services and application on the local network.

I might have a go at this myself!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com