Update doesn't performed

May 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Hi, I tried to use NetSparkle in my app. I've created appcast, setted sparkle:version greater than assembly version, uploaded appcast with package to site. But when I run app it has no effect.  

Here is screenshot of debug window:

Piccy.info - Free Image Hosting

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Oleg.

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:42 PM

This Means netsparkle has already checked for an update and to fix this you will have to go into the registry and go under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\YourCompanyName\YourProductName (Note Please Replace "YourCompanyName" And "YourProductName" With your company name and product name and then delete the "LastCheckTime" value in this registry key. Also to fix the problem with it not updating but every 24 hours you can use this code in your application to fix this(Either VB.Net Or C# Whichever one you use.):

VB.Net:

_sparkle.StartLoop(True, False, System.TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5))

C#:

_sparkle.StartLoop(true, false, System.TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5));

Please Note that the System.TimeSpan.FromMinutes(5)) At the End Is What you put at the end of the sparkle.startloop parameters and it allows you to specify how many minutes you want netsparkle to wait in between the times it checks for updates.(Please Note you put how many minutes you want to wait in the space where the 5 is.) Also please put in the parts of the startloop parameters where it says "true,false" with either true or false on whether you want true or false in those parameters. And this code above will fix it so that it is not checking for updates every 24 hours you can make it how many minutes you want it to wait in between netsparkle checking for updates.