Help needed: Another version of this product is already installed

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Hi,

My problem (I think) is related to the MSI generated.
After the file is being downloaded I'm getting this error (Another version of this product is already installed).

What am I doing wrong? 

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Hi,

I think your MSI has the same product code as your installed MSI. What are you using for MSI creating - WIX?

If you use WIX let me know I can send a sample how to solve this issue.

Cheers
Dirk

On Friday, January 6, 2012 at 2:20 PM, dadvir wrote:

Hi,

After the file is being downloaded I'm getting this error (Another version of this product is already installed).

What am I doing wrong?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM
I'm using simple deploy project of visual studio 2010.
I'm a newbie to making installers...
I saw nsis looks good.

what's wix?

Sent from my iPhone, ignore typos

On 6 בינו 2012, at 16:30, "dei79" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I think your MSI has the same product code as your installed MSI. What are you using for MSI creating - WIX?

Cheers
Dirk

Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 8, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Hi,

check this out: http://wix.codeplex.com/

Helps you to create good MSI packages.

Cheers
Dirk

2012/1/6 dadvir <notifications@codeplex.com>

I'm using simple deploy project of visual studio 2010.
I'm a newbie to making installers...
I saw nsis looks good.

what's wix?

Sent from my iPhone, ignore typos

On 6 בינו 2012, at 16:30, "dei79" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
Dirk

Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:43 AM
dadvir wrote:

Hi,

What am I doing wrong? 

You just need to increment the build version in your msi / setup project.

Mar 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM
yes, i already solved this issue. thanks!
netsparkle works like a charm.

i made it .net 3.5 available. how can i check in the changes?
or... want me to send it to for review?

On Mar 9, 2012, at 12:44 PM, razer21 wrote:

dadvir wrote:

Hi,

What am I doing wrong?

You just need to increment the build version in your msi / setup project.