.Net 3.5 support

Jan 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Hi,

My app is .Net 3.5 (for XP compatibility issues).
I was trying to get the project to work on .Net 3.5 and it didn't succeed.
I got a few errors on runtime.

I just wanted to let others note, that if you download the source code, change all the projects to .Net 3.5 - IT WORKS!

The only line I had to change was in the project NetSparkle2010, in the constructor of the class NetSparkleAssemblyReflectionAccessor.
I changed the _assembly.GetCustomAttributesData() in the foreach to CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes(_assembly)

I'll test this in a little while and I'll keep you posted in how it worked for me.

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Hi,

would really great when you submit a patch for your code changes which includes a .NET3.5 solution (and projects). I will maintain the .NET 3.5 support in the future :-)

Thanks
Dirk

2012/1/4 dadvir <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

I just wanted to let others note, that if you download the source code, change all the projects to .Net 3.5 - IT WORKS!

The only line I had to change was in the project NetSparkle2010, in the constructor of the class NetSparkleAssemblyReflectionAccessor.
I changed the _assembly.GetCustomAttributesData() in the foreach to CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes(_assembly)

I'll test this in a little while and I'll keep you posted in how it worked for me.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:00 PM
great. once I'll full test it. doing other stuff now.

Sent from my iPhone, ignore typos

On 4 בינו 2012, at 14:46, "dei79" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

would really great when you submit a patch for your code changes which includes a .NET3.5 solution (and projects). I will maintain the .NET 3.5 support in the future :-)

Thanks
Dirk

2012/1/4 dadvir <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

The only line I had to change was in the project NetSparkle2010, in the constructor of the class NetSparkleAssemblyReflectionAccessor.
I changed the _assembly.GetCustomAttributesData() in the foreach to CustomAttributeData.GetCustomAttributes(_assembly)

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jan 4, 2012 at 1:25 PM

It's a hassle, look at this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb398197.aspx

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Has this been worked into the trunk yet? I'm building an app in the 3.5 framework as well (also for XP compatibility), and this updater looks like a pretty solid option. If it has (or will shortly have) 3.5 support, that could convince me to use it. Thanks!