Silent Updates

May 18, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I have a scenario where we need to update multiple largely unmanned devices quietly.  They are kiosk type systems and so we don't want to display messages or ask a use if they want to update, we just want it to update.  Is this supported?

May 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Hi,

with http://netsparkle.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/73931 I added your wish into the trunk. You can use it in the following way:

_sparkle.EnableSilentMode = true;
_sparkle.StartLoop(true);

I hope this helps
Dirk

2011/5/18 chnicola <notifications@codeplex.com>

I have a scenario where we need to update multiple largely unmanned devices quietly. They are kiosk type systems and so we don't want to display messages or ask a use if they want to update, we just want it to update. Is this supported?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Is it possible to make inno setup installers start silently and run them silently when netsparkle runs them to update a application?