Installer format

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:54 PM

How am I supposed to package my application with NetSparkle?  I have an MSI installer.  Will that work?  I notice Sparkle itself works with .dmg, .zip, and tarballs.

Great project BTW.  Once I get this working it will be very useful.

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:42 AM
Hi,

yes of course, msi packages are supported.

Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 21.04.2011, at 00:54, "ntrimble" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

How am I supposed to package my application with NetSparkle? I have an MSI installer. Will that work? I notice Sparkle itself works with .dmg, .zip, and tarballs.

Great project BTW. Once I get this working it will be very useful.

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Great, thanks.  I have it working.  Again, great project.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Do you support zip files? Did a quick scan of the source and it seems like you only support .exe and .msi files.

If that is the case. When I run a .exe file, is the working directory the current application directory?

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:57 AM
Hi,

currently we do not support zip formats. The working directory will be derived from your application process, this means if you reconfigure the working directory during start of an application, our update process will also use this changed working directory.

Dirk

2011/6/8 tudisco <notifications@codeplex.com>

Do you support zip files? Did a quick scan of the source and it seems like you only support .exe and .msi files.

If that is the case. When I run a .exe file, is the working directory the current application directory?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 23, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Hi,

is it possible to get an extension method to write update methods by yourself?

I want to distribute applications using a Sharepoint - but MSI files are blocked and that behavior should me changed.

So i have to do a ugly workaround ...

Martin

Nov 27, 2011 at 8:40 AM
Hi,

think it is a great idea. Pleas set it into the issue tracker section and we will start working on it. If you like to contribute this way feel free to become a project member.

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 23.11.2011, at 15:50, nitarmat <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

is it possible to get an extension method to write update methods by yourself?

I want to distribute applications using a Sharepoint - but MSI files are blocked and that behavior should me changed.

So i have to do a ugly workaround ...

Martin