Downloads only the most recent version

Apr 12, 2011 at 12:52 PM

From what i have tested after downloading netsparkle, the framework only downloads the most recent version mentioned in the versioninfo.xml file.

Suppose i am currently running version 1.1 and the vendors have released 1.1 and 1.2 as well, then netsparkle will only download 1.2. Just downloading the most recent version may cause the client application to break.

Is there any configuration setting which can allow us to download the updates in sequential order? i.e first download 1.1 and then 1.2 so that any critical updates are not ignored

In case we may need to modify the code, can somebody guide me where can this be incorporated?

Coordinator
Apr 12, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Hi,
currently netsparkle does not support update chains but it would be a cool feature. If you want to you can add the code, I would propose to start on our trunk brunch and have a look in the main routines (just debug an update check). If you have question with that I will help you out.
Dirk

2011/4/12 burhan_beta2k <notifications@codeplex.com>

From what i have tested after downloading netsparkle, the framework only downloads the most recent version mentioned in the versioninfo.xml file.

Suppose i am currently running version 1.1 and the vendors have released 1.1 and 1.2 as well, then netsparkle will only download 1.2. Just downloading the most recent version may cause the client application to break.

Is there any configuration setting which can allow us to download the updates in sequential order? i.e first download 1.1 and then 1.2 so that any critical updates are not ignored

In case we may need to modify the code, can somebody guide me where can this be incorporated?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com