NetSparkle on Mono

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Hi,

I just checked out the current version and opened Netsparkle.sln in MonoDevelop on Debian. After adding the two missing projects (wpf is not supported), set them back to .NET3.5 and starting the TestApp... it just worked.

Ok, the resulting form looks a little bit strange, but - hey! it worked :-)

Is that helpful somehow?

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Hi,

this is great so it would be cool to have a mono support which is using GTK or QT UI for Linux. What we also need in that case is a support for RPM or DEB files as well. Would realy cool to have this ;-)

Dirk

2011/3/22 slesa <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

I just checked out the current version and opened Netsparkle.sln in MonoDevelop on Debian. After adding the two missing projects (wpf is not supported), set them back to .NET3.5 and starting the TestApp... it just worked.

Ok, the resulting form looks a little bit strange, but - hey! it worked :-)

Is that helpful somehow?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email netsparkle@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 23, 2011 at 2:01 PM
Edited Mar 23, 2011 at 2:18 PM

I did not see any Qt support on Mono at the first sight. And I am not sure, how this WinForms application is mapped, but I guess it is already mapped to Gtk (somehow with resizing features missing)

Additionally, I am not sure how mono packages are distributed. As nuget is not implemented, I guess I'd love to add  references as I did it before: in a special lib/tools folder somewhere in the project hierarchy. That means, no special .dev/.rpm would be needed.

But what is missing indeed: a batch file to compile the project in a special build folder - which is running at the end msbuild, psake, fake, rake... with Mono on Linux in mind, I would almost suggest rake?